Based in Barcelona, Spain
PC / New Generation consoles
Etherborn is a 3D exploration platforming game set in a strange and exotic world, where the laws of physics behave in a completely different way than in ours. The main character experiences gravity in a direction perpendicular to the surface she’s standing on, allowing endless exploration possibilities in beautifully crafted environments.
The game offers a series of navigation-based puzzles; players will have to explore their surroundings in order to figure out each one’s underlying logic, find the correct route to advance and unlock it.
A voiceless being has just been born in a world where a bodiless voice awaits her arrival. Wandering through a colossal tree with multiple trunks, she will have to understand the meaning of what she sees in order to grow and reach her voice.
- 3D platforming and exploration in multi-gravitational levels
- Navigation based puzzles and challenges with a twist: the direction of the character’s gravity changes depending on the level design
- Deeply artistic and surreal atmosphere
- Dynamic and immersive original soundtrack
- Deep and poetic storyline
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "IndieCade Festival 2017 Official Selection." Los Angeles, October 2017
- "EGX Leftfield Collection 2017 Official Selection." Birmingham, September 2017
- "ID@XBOX Loft Press Event Selection at GDC 2017." San Francisco, March 2017
- "Winner of the 'Best Creative Design' award at AzPlay 2016." Bilbao, November 2016
- "Winner of the 'Best Indie Hub Game' award at Gamelab 2016." Barcelona, July 2016
- "The MIX E3 2016 Official Selection." Los Angeles, June 2016
- "Finalist for the 'Best UPC Videogame' at the Three Headed Monkey Awards." Barcelona, May 2016
- "Finalist for the 'Audience Mention' at the Three Headed Monkey Awards." Barcelona, May 2016
- "Mucho más que un caramelo visual"
- Marina Amores, EDGE Spain #1
- "Etherborn has a wonderfully simple premise that’s just executed brilliantly"
- Vaughn Highfield, Alphr
- "Fez meets The Witness in this exploration focused adventure"
- Ford James, Gamereactor
- "Etherborn Finds the Beauty in Fleshy-Sheer Human Beings"
- Caty McCarthy, US Gamer
- "Etherborn, el juego indie del que todos hablan"
- Bruno Sol, Hobby Consolas
You can follow Etherborn on Twitter for more immediate news and comments: twitter.com.
You can check the Etherborn page on Facebook: facebook.com.
You can follow the more up-to-date progress of the game on the forums at TIGSource: forums.tigsource.com.
About Altered Matter
Altered Matter is an independent video game development studio based in Barcelona, currently working on its first commercial project, Etherborn.
More information on Altered Matter, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Carles Triviño Massó
Programming Lead & Game Design
Samuel Cohen Kellner
Art Lead & Game Design
Alexandra Escudero Pérez
Art & Production
Gabriel Garrido García
Music & Sound Effects